Tuesday 24 March 2009

The best cure is always a day out

Really, what I would like to do right now is throw myself on the floor and lie there screaming and screaming until I am sick or dead. Call it unhappy. But I don't do that. I take the gritlets to Bristol. Here's a bit of Bristol.


It's very smart. It's possibly a bit they built again with modern buildings and clean windows and shiny steel. And they may have polished up that water to make it sparkle on sunny days.

Anyway, it's where Explore@Bristol is located. I guess that might fit with a home made science curriculum. This is where we can explore the March sky at the Planetarium, find out about comets, air resistance and muscles, and spend an hour melting these ice crystals with our warm fingertips and watching them freeze all over again.


Now I don't know whether you noticed in that first photograph, but dolly (aka Frankenstein's monster) is on this trip with us, as is her chum ArseFace. That's possibly not her name, it may be something like Janine or Evelina, but I have to find pleasure somewhere. Especially since my phone camera is taken off me for 32 pictures of the pair of them on board the Park and Ride bus back to the car.


Sometimes I don't know why I keep going. Possibly because I am so bloody minded I just will not give in to those feelings of loneliness and misery. Anyway, for Shark, Squirrel and Tiger the sight of mama sobbing on the bathroom floor looking like a slime-faced blob probably isn't very instructional. Yes. A day out in a science park at Bristol is a better option.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're not feeling great, Grit - hope things pick up for you soon. xx

Irene said...

Sounds like you had a cave in day, when everything is just overwhelming. You need to put your feet up and have a bottle of beer and say, "Sod it!"

mamacrow said...

I'm sorry you're having a bad time (((hugs)))

Angela said...

You need to recharge your batteries, too! Don`t always expect so MUCH from yourself, especially when others are having a good time, travelling. Can`t you just lock your gritlets in a hotel room or a monastary and go off on your own, whistling? At least for 2 or 3 days? (Leave them some food and books, of course...) Just be SELFISH!!!

Waffle said...

Poor Grit. I agree with Angela. Dig must come back and be handcuffed to the Gritlets while you retire to some kind of womblike sanctuary with books and beer.

Casdok said...

I have to get out and about to when i am feeling down. I recently went to the Explore for the first time and loved it - you can really loose yourself there.

R. Molder said...

Arseface? I have to find a way to use that one!

Anonymous said...

(((((((((hugs))))))))))) sometimes just surviving is an achievement!

Grit said...

hello folks and thank you for your comments. you are all wise, and right. beer, contemplation, a long sleep, and perspective will help.