Wednesday 23 May 2012

What a difference a day makes


Thank goodness for a little sunshine; I can think of nothing better to lift the spirits right now.

Well, maybe a bucketful of naked man and a few bottles of wine without the facial swelling. But since that's not likely to happen, I'll take the sunshine.

And the Help the Aged furniture warehouse down the road. They do me a great deal on a suite of garden furniture and four cane chairs.


I am ridiculously proud of this area now. Where last year there was a piano, a jungle of impenetrable ivy and a broken plastic play table, I now have a quiet spot where I can escape with the ipad. It is called The Island, and no-one's invited here without invitation. So there.


It was such a brilliantly productive and focused day, that by the end there was no stopping me. I repaired the candle holder that has waited for my attention some twelve years. It now is back together, doesn't wobble, and has all the decorative glass intact. Howzat for sunshine.

No comments: