Sunday 26 October 2008

Light and paint

What's on the family learning project today? This fantastic art-science workshop from MKG based on the work of Gilberto Zorio, and part of the national Big Draw project.

Really, I have nothing smart, lippy, irritating nor tuttytuttut to say about this two hours of pure gold. Shark, Squirrel and Tiger make their own animated films on clear tape spun round a 1970s classroom projector and amuse themselves making shadow puppet theatre until the glow-in-the-dark footballs come out. Shark, Squirrel and Tiger play with those well past dark, passing the ball very well to each other but completely missing the point about the feet.

And since Grit is now living dangerously with her increased radioactive brazil nut consumption, the Zorio exhibition suits me down to the ground. Because if I take a wrong turn round the gallery space I am threatened with electric shock, chemical burns, strobe-induced epilepsy and a rather vicious looking spear.

Highly recommended.

But is it art?
Looking a bit like a womb under the microscope,
let's call it Fish in Red Ocean.

4 comments:

sharon said...

Does glowing in the dark save money on the electricity bill?

blogthatmama said...

Wow, that sounds like a brilliant project, I might do it on my own at home!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I only ever go to the office.

I think I want to be home educated!

Grit said...

we have tried that sharon with some glow in the dark stars, but we kept having to turn on the light to power them up again.

hi mama, it is actually a tip-top design for your front room walls. fairy lights are so yesterday...

hi mud ...grab a kid and off you go. no, forget the kid. they squeal way too much and lie on the floor in tesco. art gallery workshops almost certainly near you.