Wednesday 15 October 2008

Tit for tat

I get that warm all gooey ahhhh mothery heart feeling today. I have not the faintest idea why. Shark, Squirrel and Tiger stay the same squabbling rabble they ever were; the sort of squabbling rabble that has me threatening to sell them for medical experiments if they ever do that again in public; the type of squabbling rabble that pack-like growls in full view of everyone, then disloyally turns as if they treat me all the time like that, even though I lock into their eyes with my bestest hard evil stare. They send that hard lip and fixed eye stuff right back at me, facing me out. Worse, because I think by then everyone must be watching and tut tutting, I have to make that kidseh?wotchagonnado? face, tut and roll my eyes, when really I grind my teeth and think You little madam, right now I would like to dig a big pit in this common ground and dump you in it for 24 hours and let's see then if you do that lip and eye stuff.

But maybe that ahhhh cute forgiving feeling wells up in me, like the pain is all worth it, because, within minutes, Shark, Squirrel and Tiger are all together like this, working alongside each other, snug and cute in the home ed animation workshop, led by a local creative group:


Just as well that warm mummy glow was there at all. Because then I see this.


That's right. It's called Mummy with a handbag.

8 comments:

Sam said...

*chuckle*
I'm sure it looks nothing like you.

Brad said...

The shoes are lovely. (?)

Angela DeRossett said...

LOL....shoes and a purse! I wonder what the kids would have mine look like!

sharon said...

As long as they don't start sticking pins into it. . . Where did you get the gorgeous matching shoes and handbag? I do think you should have retaliated and made three effigies of the little Gritlets though!

Mean Mom said...

I see that you have matching shoes and lips. Is this the look for autumn? It's very 'you'.

Do you live by me? I think I've seen you in the High Street.

Irene said...

I didn't realize you were so evil looking, no wonder those kids behave so badly. I had you pictured completely different, very much kinder and prettier.

Of course, this could all be very Freudian and subliminal. Some analysis may clear things up.

Glad they thought to accessorize you, though. It is a nice touch to an otherwise disturbing picture.

Please tell me you are really the mom of my dreams in that cute apron with that big smile on her face and the pretty cheeks and the kind eyes. I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Grit said...

hi sam, well i guess if you are aged 8 and have had a big telling off you might consider it a dead ringer!

brad! neiman marcus, of course!

angela, furnish them with a ping pong ball and a lump of plasticine and (gulp!) find out...?!

sharon, i am now *really grateful* it doesn't have pins in it.

this is the look mean mom! orange is the new black.

irene, i am wearing blue and white gingham right now and my pink cheeks are glowing and these eyes are twinkling after making today's sugar cake.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Haaa! I love how you write. Sorry about that sculpture. I don't think she looks a thing like you.

What do you look like again?

I say sell those dang kids to the gypsies! See if they think you are a mean mom then! :-)