Monday 23 April 2012

Photoblog: Museum of East Anglian Life







Another fine local museum. Where you can stare in proper bewilderment as history and the present day merge, seamlessly.

Personally, I think the museum curators should remove all explanatory signs, information panels and 'what you are looking at' boards.

Then I could wander about rural East Anglia happy in the belief that I must have inadvertently wandered over the fence into a working farm, past East Anglia's finest haberdashery, and into someone's front room.

1 comment:

Irene said...

I always enjoy these old villages and know what you mean about the explanation signs. I'd rather be left to figure it out on my own or to pretend it is quite normal that I wander around there in another time span. As a matter of fact, I'd like to be dressed in that era myself while I walk around in it as if it is the most normal thing in the world.