Thursday 14 August 2008

And I'm not getting out of bed.

Grit is ill and in bed and is not malingering. She denies that completely. Being in bed, ill, with all kinds of ghastly diseases straight imported from Cairo is horrible, she tells Dig, so get up and sort out the children's breakfast.

I think I may even have a cold. I am sure I can feel one coming on. Yes, I know that means you Dig, will have to look after the children.

Grit is not getting out of bed, OK? Now, just to make sure about that she will wave the children's sick bucket at you.

It is not being aggressive to wave a sick bucket, I am just letting everyone know I am ill and a sick bucket is a sign of illness. Now clear off! And don't forget to take Shark and Squirrel to the bat walk tonight, and don't forget to take the torches in case Shark falls in the lake, like that time she was looking at a crayfish.

Honestly, I don't know what you are moaning about! You only have Tiger and Shark to look after thanks to us leaving Squirrel on a mountainside. Now off you go and let me be ill properly because I am not getting out of bed for anything.

And especially not while I am lolling about with Henry IV and Ian Mortimer.

3 comments:

R. Molder said...

aw grit, I hope you feel better soon. good that you are taking it easy with a great book!

sharon said...

Must be the shock to your system from all that living the high life. Get well soon.

Grit said...

hi folks! i am sure it is the shock to the system... and i am very glad i did not succumb in cairo to the bluergh. that would not have made 24 hours in cairo a fun post.