Tuesday 8 April 2008

Ambush

I feel hurt. My very interesting talk, with bonus activity of redesigning George Stephenson's Rocket from Lego, is ambushed. Shark, Squirrel and Tiger listen to me read the introductory bit about James Watt's steam engine (first patented in 1769, according to the Life and Times book) and then leap in and drown me out with the secret codes that can be used between unicorns planning an attack on the territory of the Watties.

Grudgingly, I gave up, and said 'Let's do codes instead'.

I thought my talk on steam engines was very interesting. I have a book about it from the children's library and, what's more, we have been to Stephenson's house. I distinctly remember because it was January 1st 2005 and Dig marched us all half a mile up a wagon way in the middle of nowhere and in the freezing cold to Stephenson's birthplace. It was shut.

At that time of year I was contemplating divorce or murder and then I find out the ruddy cottage isn't open at all during the coldest winter months. Of course it isn't open. Any visitor marching up the wagon way would get the toes on their feet welded together with frost and their four-year old triplets would cry.

OK, that last bit about the triplets crying actually isn't true. It was me. Shark, Squirrel and Tiger were skipping up the wagon way thinking the whole experience was tremendous fun and possibly the best thing to do on a freezing cold day ever. If they had cried, then I would have been able to twist it round to my point about being powerless about everything happening in my life and could have blamed Dig.

Anyway, the lesson on George Stephenson redesigning the steam engine is now a lesson on codes, ambush, attack and control.

And if you are joining the conspiracy of the unicorn attack against the Watties, the secret code you need to know is:

CPFS L AU: UO KICNA FFS DEGE WK C

2 comments:

Brad said...

I've just now tried to google "unicorns wattie codes" The best I could come up with is "Unicorns don't use drugs".

Well that's good I suppose. But I still don't get it.

No matter it's still a funny story -

Lynn said...

Thanks for the code just never know when it will come in handy,not too sure if we have Watties up here,are they widespread?? xx