Sunday 20 April 2008

Hard labour

I am the late Grit. Getting round to this at last. Thank you Mean Mom, for providing this puzzle.

1. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

(Here they are. I am very obedient, obviously.)

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

(Am I a player? Do I get a prize? I want a prize. I hope the questions aren't difficult. Like what is 567.3 x 3453 and do it in your head. Or how many grains of salt are there in the average salt pot? I bet my brother could answer that one. Can I call him?)

3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, which should inform them that they've been tagged and that the details are on the player's blog.

(Blimey. I need to do some browsing and clicking and wandering about for that. I will post that at a later date. Honest.)

Here goes.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Can't remember. Teaching, possibly, in a school from the pit of hell. Or sneaking off to the gym as a lady of leisure and pretending to work while Dig set about being important.

Name 5 snacks you enjoy.

Treacle flapjacks. Here's the recipe. For a big batch.

8 oz self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
salt
8 oz porridge oats
4 oz sugar
6 oz black treacle or molasses
8oz margarine (vegan, obviously, after the dairy farm experience)

Mix flour, baking powder, salt and oats. Melt margarine, treacle and sugar. Mix this with oats. Press into baking tin and bake centre of a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes. Cut into chunks while warm. Scoff. I am experimenting with the mix. More oats, more treacle. Less sugar, less fat, that sort of thing.

Of course there are always crisps. Crisps, crisps and crisps. And fruit and nuts and rum plum bread and biscuits. Apples. Buttered apples. Toast. Jam. Jammy toast.

Name 5 jobs you have had.

Writing, teaching, copy editing, typesetting, and cleaning the toilets because nobody else round here does it. As you can see this career life started with promise and went backwards downhill from there. I blame the glass ceiling. Either that or idleness and indifference.

Name 3 bad habits you have.

What's a bad habit? Is that something I don't like doing? Or something that somebody else doesn't like me doing? I do lots of thing I don't like doing. And most things I do seem to piss Dig off. I would need to compile a list, so long as I've got a couple of days spare. Dig doesn't like me buying junk at the tip for starters, bursting in through the front door, shouting 'What a bargain this was!'

And being late. For that, children make an easy excuse. I am not as late as The Hat. She got me to post some letters for her in January 2008. They were a pile of greetings cards she'd written in May 2006.

Name 5 places where you have lived.

What is 'lived'? Stayed a week? A month? Enjoyed there or suffered there? In a rented, borrowed, inherited, couch-surfed or purchased place? I might need more information here before I answered that one.

Is that it? Do I get a prize now? Well, Mean Mom, I am not sure what you may have found out about me apart from the fact that I am a down-beat, dead-end, complaining, cantankerous, argumentative late git with a crisp fetish.

6 comments:

Brad said...

well, arn't you the sassy meme maker ?

Moohaa said...

Well, now, wasn't that a whirlwind of not saying much at all! hehehe
It really was funny though.

Here, have a crisp...

OvaGirl said...

I have seen this meme a few times now and you are the first blogger I have seen to actually put the recipe of your favourie snack into the meme.

I put this down to good manners and home schooling. You deserve that prize.

Expat mum said...

Cor, if I'd known you could answer those questions with your own questions, I wouldn't have spent so much time making things up!

Grit said...

i am getting into this tag stuff now ... how zeiteist am I?

i wonder what would make a good prize?

Mean Mom said...

I am holding myself back. I am not going to reply to that last sentence:0) Oooh, I am being so good!

I don't want to upset anyone else, with my unfunny remarks. My eldest son isn't speaking to me, at the moment, and my husband is just managing to be polite. Oh dear. I am usually so placcid. I just can't stop once I've started!

Nooo! You don't bring things back from the tip? Are you related to my mother-in-law? She's just the same!